Rodent Control - Mice and Rats
Both of these rodents can easily find their way into your property and very often they will make their home in your loft or under your floorboards, for reference a mouse only needs a hole of 6mm diameter to get through and rat needs just a 15mm diameter hole. It is important to note that both of these animals can carry and transmit diseases than can be harmful to humans, they will also gnaw through various materials including wood, carpets and electrical wires so it is essential that we do all we can to prevent and when necessary remove them from our properties.
A few mouse facts:
- weight 25g, length 60-90mm plus a tail of 100 mm
- small droppings 3-6mm long and about 1 mm diameter each mouse can produce around 80 per day
- noisey when moving as they walk on “ tip toes “
- they eat about 3g of food per day and like to feed from many different places
- it is not essential for them to drink as they can get enough moisture from their food
- favourite foods are cereal based but will eat lots of things including chocolate, crisps and biscuits.
Some rat facts
- weight 300-500g length 200-270mm plus a tail of 150-200mm
- larger droppings than the mouse about the size and shape of a paracetamol capsule they produce about 40 per day
- walk flat footed so can move quite quietly
- they eat around 50g of food per day and must drink daily
- just like the mouse they like cereal based food but will eat just about anything including pasta, potatoes and meat.
DIY control of rodents is possible using good quality snap traps or rodent baits available from many retailers.
WARNING :- Use disposable gloves when dealing with rodents.
USE BIOCIDES SAFELY and always read and follow the label instructions full
Rodent Control & Removal Service from SJA
If you have a rodent problem, whether it is a mice or rat problem, SJA Pest Control is West Norfolk's premier pest controller. Based in King's Lynn, we have worked with domestic and commercial clients across Norfolk including King's Lynn, Downham Market, Swaffham, Fakenham, Hunstanton and Wisbech and surrounding villages. Let our rodent controller finally end your rodent problem!